www.cactusvpn.com (hereinafter called CactusVPN) provides VPN services under the name of CactusVPN. As a provider of internet services, CactusVPN offers to its clients and to their customers and users, the means to disseminate public, private, commercial, and non-commercial information.
CactusVPN respects the fact that the Internet provides a forum for free and open discussion and dissemination of information. However, when there are competing interests at issue, CactusVPN reserves the right to take certain preventative or corrective actions. In order to protect these competing interests, CactusVPN has developed these Terms Of Service, which supplement and explain certain terms of each customer’s respective service agreement. These terms are intended as a guide to the customer’s rights and obligations when utilizing CactusVPN’s services.
These terms will be revised from time to time. Customer’s use of CactusVPN’s services after changes to these terms will be posted on CactusVPN web sites and will constitute the customer’s acceptance of any new or additional terms.
One important aspect of the Internet is that no one party owns or controls it. This fact accounts for much of the Internet’s openness and value, but it also places a high premium on the judgment and responsibility of those who use the Internet to disseminate information to others.
It must be kept in mind that CactusVPN does not review, edit, censor, or take responsibility for any information its clients may create. When clients place information on the Internet, they have the same liability as other authors for copyright infringement, defamation, and other harmful speech. Also, because the information they place on CactusVPN’s network may be carried to a large number of people, including both clients and non-clients of CactusVPN, clients’ postings to the Internet may affect other clients and may harm CactusVPN’s goodwill, business reputation, and operations.
- Your service speed may vary depending on your physical location, ISP, Internet connection speed, Internet nodes between your computer and our servers, and other factors beyond our control. Upload and download speeds will vary for each user due to factors beyond our control.
- Your service is not limited by the amount of data that you can transfer each month, however we reserve the right to impose a bandwidth limit if the service of other users is disrupted due to your excess usage.
- We may block certain kinds of usage to protect other users, to comply with legal restrictions or to minimize the threat or legal action against us or our users.
- You will get static shared IP address. We do not provide dedicated IP addresses.
- All services are provided to you “as is” without any guarantees or obligations on our part.
- We will try our best to maintain service quality and to limit interruptions to your service, however we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service. The service may be unavailable due to variety of factors beyond our control including emergencies, third party failures, interference, and may be interrupted, blocked or limited by other network providers.
- We are not in any shape or form liable for any damages resulting from interruptions in Service or your inability to use the Service.
CactusVPN software and proxy filtering are bonus services and you can not consider them as they are part of service you’ve paid for. We reserve the right to stop providing this bonuses whenever we consider it necessary.
Passwords and Security
As part of the registration process, you will create your user name and you will choose your passwords to access this account. You agree to carefully safeguard all of your passwords. You are solely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of passwords and account information. Furthermore, you are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify CactusVPN of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security known to you, including if you believe that your password or account information has been stolen or otherwise compromised.
We have adopted Zero Logs policy. That means we don’t keep this type of logs: traffic, DNS reqs, timestamps, IPs, bandwidth, connection logs or any other type of logs that can be tracked to a single person.
CactusVPN clients violate CactusVPN policy and the service agreement when the clients, their customers, affiliates, or subsidiaries engage in the following prohibited activities:
- We do not accept orders from proxy or VPN IP address.
- Spamming – the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.
- Intellectual Property Violations – the engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities. Also, engaging in activity that violates privacy, publicity, or other personal rights of others. CactusVPN is required by law to remove or block access to customer content upon receipt of a proper notice of copyright infringement laws.
- We do not allow simultaneous connection from different devices on one server. But you can connect simultaneously from up to 3 different devices on different servers from your package.
- Defamatory or Abusive Language – refers to the use of CactusVPN’s service as a means to transmit or post defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening language.
- Forging of Headers – forging or misrepresenting of message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
- Illegal or Unauthorized Access to Other Computers or Networks.
- Background Running Programs.
- Distribution of Internet Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, or Other Destructive Activities.
- Facilitating a Violation of this AUP – advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mailbombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
- Your account username and passwords and VPN and Smart DNS login details are secret information. You should not share it with anyone and make all that you can to keep them in secret. Sharing login credentials is a reason for closing your account without refund.
- Export Control Violations.
- Spamming Usenet Groups or Message Boards.
- Any Other Illegal Activities.
It is CactusVPN’s policy to terminate the privileges of customers who commit violations of CactusVPN policy and service agreements.
CactusVPN will not sell or rent Your personally identifiable information to anyone unless You expressly consent to disclosures of Your personal identification and other personal information to third parties. We may send personally identifiable information about You to third parties when:
- We have Your consent to share the information or
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal processes which require us to disclose Registration Data or any information about You to law enforcement or other government officials as CactusVPN, in its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate.
CactusVPN reserves the right to revise our policies at any time.
You can find our refund policy on the Refund Policy page.