CactusVPN Android App Improvements
Because we always struggle to deliver the best possible services to our customers, we are proud to announce that our Android VPN App has been constantly updated within the past couple of months and it is now in its most advanced state yet.
We implemented new functionalities, we did a lot of technical improvements and the most important of them are presented below:
- VPN Servers can now be sorted by speed: This feature allows Android users to select a preferred server based on their speed, which means that you can always be sure that you are using the quickest server in your location.
- VPN Servers can now be grouped by country when sorting by speed: This means you will be able to always choose the fastest server for the specific country you want to connect from. If you’re looking to connect to a server in the USA for example, the fastest one will always be the first USA server you see in the list.
- Smart DNS over VPN: Improvements were made in the back end which completely changed how the Smart DNS works within the Android VPN App. The changes enabled us to considerably increase the app’s speed and to make it run more smoothly. On top of this and most importantly, Smart DNS can now be used on mobile data with the Android VPN app.
- OpenVPN has been updated: We updated the OpenVPN protocol to the latest version (2.4.2), which guarantees the highest level of security for our users. The latest OpenVPN version 2.4.2 has been audited by the Open Source Technology Improvement Fund (OSTIF), and all the minor security issues from previous versions have now been fixed. The same goes for the two remote denial of service vulnerabilities that were initially discovered by Quarkslabs and Cryptography Engineering.
- Sort DNS servers by speed: The app checks which DNS server is the fastest one for you, sorts the DNS servers by speed and selects the fastest one as the default server to be used when enabling Smart DNS.
- New design for the Smart DNS connection screen: We implemented a better looking and more user friendly Smart DNS connection screen. This makes the navigation easier for our users thanks to the more intuitive design.
- Our Android VPN App is now faster and more stable: Thanks to a series of backend improvements made by our technical team, we are proud to be able to provide our users with a better, faster, more stable and easier to use Android VPN app.
Since our efforts to improve on our services is continuous, we are constantly looking for ways to make all our apps better. Until the next release, we wish you happy and safe online surfing!
Posted on in News