New Updates for Windows and macOS Apps
We always find new ways to create the best services for our users here at CactusVPN. To make this possible, we’ve added a number of new features to our Windows and macOS VPN apps that greatly enhance functionality and overall user experience. Many of these improvements expand on the existing capabilities of the apps, allowing users to customize their processes.
Let’s take a closer look at the new features highlights:
MacOS App Updates
- We’ve added the “Sort servers by speed” feature which allows macOS users to choose their preferred server depending on the speed. Basically, you get to test and choose the fastest server.
- Another great feature added the “group servers by country when sorting by speed”. This will help you find the fastest servers attributed to certain countries. As follows, when you target a specific country, the fastest server will automatically appear on the top of the list.
- As a security measure, we eliminate the possibility of an IPv6 leak, by disabling the IPv6 on VPN connect and Smart DNS enable.
- We’ve added the “Save logs” option on the sign in screen. This way, you can save your logs before signing into the app. This will help in case the app is not functioning properly.
- An improved “Reconnect if VPN connection is dropped” feature. This is a very helpful asset should you encounter any trouble when reconnecting to the app. So, instead of only one attempt to reconnect, there are now as much as 3 attempts. This will considerably decrease the possibility of a failed VPN connection.
Windows App Updates
- The “Sort servers by speed” feature allows Windows users to test and determine their preferred server depending on speed.
- Similarly to the macOS option, the app will group the servers as to target a specific geographic location when they are sorting them by speed.
- We’ve also fixed the “wrong order” bug when sorting servers by speed.
- Graphical User Interface improvements were made for an improved user experience.
- Other minor functionality bug fixes.
Offering the best services in an ever changing, fast-paced market can sometimes be challenging. We like to always take things a step further when it comes to offering trustworthy and reliable services. We believe in building long lasting partnerships with our users and offer them the best online experiences.